Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Weekend from Hell





It started on friday with Laney locking her self in her room and not being able to find the key. Justin had to take her door knob off to get her out. I was afraid there would be a Justin size hole in her door when I got home from work. Shortly after I got home from work we found the key to Laney's room. Zoe had used it to to explode an ice pack. Which took me 2 hours to clean up. I had to crawl around our living room on my hands and knees to pick up all the little gel beads. I tried using the vacuum cleaner, but ended up breaking it by sucking up the gel beads. I also burnt the oatmeal I was cooking Zoe for dinner during the process- which was fun trying to explain to her. Then while Justin was picking up pizza, I found that while I was cleaning the icepack up Zoe and Laney had decorated her room (including the tan carped and the white painted flowers on her walls) with blue and purple markers! That took me about another hour to clean and I was not able to get the blue marker off the white flowers or all the color off the carpet. So now a few of the flowers have streaks of blue and purple through them as well as a few blue spots on her carpet. At this point I have lost it and decided to put the girls to bed early. Except that  Violet's batteries are dead and Laney will not go to sleep without violet. Luckly I have batteries. However, I do not have a screwdriver that will fit down in the compartment to be able to change the betteries. I had to go to walmart to buy a screwdriver set ( I actually bought 2 because I did not know which size would fit and the way my day was going I would have likely bought the wrong one). After all this I decided alcohol was in order and a pedi the next day! They girls were crazy again on Saturday since it rained all day, but both were angels today! To paraphrase Aunt Kyky " the reason the little monsters are so cute is so you don't beat them!" Needless to say 2 girls are more then enough!

3 comments:

  1. Laney's faces are hilarious!! (also, use spell check)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekend got worse. On Saturday while I was gone, the girls got into strawberry oil in our room, ate most of it and spilled the rest on our bed. I bought baby gates this week!

    ReplyDelete